Saturday, November 29, 2008

What it looks like... when you achieve your dreams

It is my absolute favorite moment at the swim meet. The swimmer has put years of his life, thousands of hours of pain and fatigue, and every bit of his hopes and dreams into this moment. He has trained with this moment in mind, doing everything he can to make this moment turn out the way he planned. When the swimmer touches the wall and turns to look at the clock, he sees an instant verdict . He has either succeeded or failed, won or lost. This moment alone defines the million other moments of preparation. And when it arrives, this moment is as pure as they come. The emotions burst forth in their true form. This is what it looks like...when you achieve your dreams.


1 comment:

  1. thats why you practice!:)
    for me, i haven't gotten to the piont yet where i can really butterfly kick off all my walls in the 200 backstroke, i leaves me WAY too tired to even finish the race, but when i do kick, i see a very noticable difference in my speed compared to my competitors.
    ~a varsity swimmer

    ReplyDelete